Jan 1, 2009

The Coogs streak is happily over, ours continues

I, who swore I would never blog now have more than one post in a single day! How shameless!

Anyhow...it struck me. 24 years ago today I sat in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas watching the Houston Cougars play Boston College and Doug Flutie. I was there with a cadre of friends (and my dad, a UH alum). It had been 4 years since UH won a bowl game, not too bad. Although UH lost that game, it was a great (though frozen) experience and one I will never forget. In that cadre of friends was a fellow Cougar Guard member...Tim Carlson. I NEVER would have guessed that 24 years later I would be married to that friend and share eleven children and 59 goats with him! WOW! AND...drum roll please--(NO we are not pregnant!) the Coogs played in another bowl game yesterday and after a 28 year post-season losing streak they beat Air Force 27 to 24. GO COOGS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. :)