Nov 15, 2012

When Life Hands You Squash?

When I did our mega food shopping for the month I grabbed spaghetti squash.  Today when I grabbed the squash off the shelf I realized that I had not grabbed spaghetti but butternut squash.  Yet...the hordes still need to eat and everyone was looking forward to what they thought would be pasta.

So, broken down for non-mega sized families--

Butternut Squash and Chevre Sauce

1 medium Butternut Squash
Olive oil
8 ounces Swede Farm Chevre (I used plain)
8 ounces Swede Farm Yogurt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Freshly grated parmesan

Split squash in half, lengthwise.  Brush cut side with olive oil, place cut side up in roasting pan with approximately one inch of water in bottom of pan.  Roast at 400 until soft and carmelized.

In bowl mix Chevre, hot roasted squash, cumin, pepper and yogurt.  Beat until blended--a stick blender would be great but not necessary.  Serve over hot pasta--if I had parmesan I'd be using it to top this, but I do not have any right now and the hordes still have to eat, so I will just imagine what it would be like.  If you would like to make the horde sized version...simply triple the recipe.


No comments: