Aug 21, 2009

Monday Madness!


At Swede farm, that is...or maybe we should call it Frantic Friday!

This week involved Tim taking care of a little legal matter regarding car registrations and speeding. Three trips to the dentist, including multiple crowns on multiple children. Four goats broke away from Timothy and explored new territory on the farm, including eating some food they weren't supposed to. Treated one goat for mastitis. (Yuck.) I have reached breaking point with the Great Pyrenees puppies...they are great, cute, look to be great dogs. But we do not need more great dogs, we already HAVE great dogs. So we need to find new homes (preferably working homes) for these guys. (Anyone want a Pyr pup?) We had more filming for "Marfa Red" and multiple farm visits. Van in the shop and clothes dryer making an ominous noise. Trying desperately to get ready to start school next week and Tim starts driving a school bus next week. What happened to those day trips and those jobs we were going to knock out while he was off?

Today...flavoring and packaging cheese. Printing market supplies such as brochures. Labeling milk. Packing the bins and such for market and loading cars. Going to the pharmacy. Running a few sundry errands. Continuing to work on schedules and lessons plans for next week.

Above all...thanking God that He has blessed me with these tasks. Although these jobs are many and time consuming, sometimes tedious, sometimes frustrating, I am able to be doing exactly what I want to do. I am building a family business, with a lifestyle that I love. I am surrounded by my favorite people in the whole world, my family. We are getting to bring a product that has a devoted following with committed customers that are really more like friends than customers. Last week I was asked "What do you want to be doing in five years?" My answer was "The same thing I am doing now...only better!" How cool is that? How many people get to say that they are living their dreams right here, right now?

God is so good--and so good to me.